Motionlogic GmbH is a newly established venture of Deutsche Telekom AG (100%). Being small and smart, we react to innovative market challenges and provide tailored solutions to our customers. Motionlogic develops and markets self-learning analytical systems that use Big Data sources to detect structures and patterns for the benefit of companies and organizations.
As an intern at Motionlogic, you will enter the dynamic business of Big Data analytics. Your job will be to quickly learn the different functions existing within the management and software development teams and contribute to successful delivery of innovative analytics products.
You will become a part of an international team working together to develop cutting edge software and deliver solutions to industry-leading business customers.
Place of work: Berlin Charlottenburg
Start: July 2014
Internship duration: 3-6 months
- Support the IT manager in all administrative and organizational matters
- Administration, monitoring and optimization of servers’ performance, workstations, network infrastructure
- Installation, configuration and support of hardware and software, as well as monitoring our Linux servers.
- Security and Reliability (e.g. antivirus, database backups, clusters )
- Support all staff in both hardware and software issues
- Troubleshooting system faults and analyze their cause
- A contact person for error messages (software support)
- Setting up of laptops with required programs etc.
- Establishment and maintenance of networks and implementing server updates
- Customize, extend and integrate existing system configurations
- Documentation of system solutions
- Testing of new IT services
- Studies/studied computer science or an equivalent qualifications (e.g. System / IT courses)
- German – native speaker level and good knowledge of English
- Flexibility, reliability and high level of commitment
- Experience with Ubuntu / CentOS or Debian - based Linux operating systems, ideally with some Linux Shell Scripting / Bash / Perl scripting skills
- Interest in IT and good technical skills
- Charm us with a high self-motivation, quick learning and enjoy independent work, plus gain a versatile work experience
- We will consider as an advantage the following:
- First professional experience acquired by an internship or student work in the administration of IT systems and IT infrastructure, operating systems or Networking.
- Familiarity with open source software, or Big Data (eg, Hadoop, HBase, impala ) systems , or databases and storage (RAID , NetApp )
- Knowledge of object-oriented development (e.g. Java, C + +)
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies ( e.g. Amazon EC2 , Amazon S3 , etc.)
For questions regarding tasks and requirements please call Assaf Weizman at 030-8353 54274.
Please send your application directly to Angelika Sonntag at email@example.com